Terms & Conditions
Advantage Finance Ltd is a division of S&U plc.
Registered Office: 6, The Quadrangle, Cranmore Avenue, Solihull, B90 4LE
Registered in England No: 3773673.
Finance facilities are available only to UK residents (excluding residents of the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
All loans are subject to status. A written quotation of our credit terms is available on request. You must be 22 years or over and in receipt of a regular income from gainful employment to apply.
Advantage Finance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) with regard to advising on, arranging and administrating non-investment insurance contracts. Our FCA register number is 307864.
You can check this on the FCA's register by visiting their website or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 9966.
Important – Your Personal Information
Credit decisions and also the prevention of fraud and money laundering.
We may use credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help us make decisions. A short guide to what we do and how both we and credit reference and fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies will use your information is detailed below.
When you apply to us to open and account, we will check the following records about you and others (see 2 below)
- Our own;
- Those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us, these searches may include verifying details in respect of claims for all types of insurance.
- If you are making a joint application or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
- Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
If you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify fraud, details will be passed to FPAs and/or other organisations to prevent fraud and money laundering.
If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
- We may use your information to offer you other products and services offered by our Group of Companies or other carefully selected business partners. If you do not wish to receive any other details then please write to us at the below address.
- Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
This is a condensed version and if you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used or contact details of the agencies we use, then please write to us at Advantage Finance Ltd, Unit 7 Acorn Business Park, Moss Road, Grimsby DN32 0LW.
Version 1.6 (Sep 09)