COVID-19 - Information
At Advantage, we appreciate that many of our customers are likely to be adversely affected by the COVID-19 situation. We therefore want to ensure that we provide as much help as we can regarding your financial commitment to us.
If you are a customer who has been financially affected in this way, we may be able to offer you a number of forbearance options, including but not limited to:
- Changing your Payment Date: We may be able to help by agreeing a payment date that better suits you.
- Adjusting the frequency of you Payments: Most customers pay monthly. However, we can amend your Direct Debit frequency to allow you to make payments weekly, fortnightly or 4-weekly if this helps align with your income frequency. Some of our customers find it easier to budget when making smaller weekly payments rather than a single large payment each month.
- Reducing your Payments: In some circumstances we may be able to offer a reduced payment. Please bear in mind that although this would be by arrangement with us, it would show as arrears on your account and may affect your overall credit rating.
- Changing your payment Method: As standard all of our customers pay via Direct Debit. However, should you have any issues with this method, we can provide a Recurring Card Schedule option. This allows use your debit card to pay on a set date of the week/month, no matter if it's a weekend or bank holiday.
- Account Charges: If you let us know that you have been affected by Coronavirus we will suspend our standard collection charges to your account for this period.
- Reduced Settlement: If you are able to raise a single large payment we may be able to reduce the total amount you owe to enable you to settle any outstanding liabilities in full.
- Returning the Vehicle: There are options to return the vehicle to us, such as Voluntary Termination or Voluntary Surrender that may be available for you. Either of these options has the potential to reduce or settle your outstanding balance.
- Payment Holiday: If you have not already received a payment holiday from us under the COVID scheme, or you have not reached your maximum allowance of up to six months you may be entitled to a payment holiday. Our advisors will discuss with your whether this is appropriate for your circumstances.
We encourage you to get in touch with us to discuss your circumstances and agree the best way forward. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 08:00-18:00 and Saturday 08:30-12:00. You can reach us either via telephone 01472 233 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish to seek further help or advice, you can contact any of the not-for-profit organisations for free, confidential and impartial debt advice listed here.